The Electrician contributes to the success of AFA Systems by repairing and installing electrical components on high-end packaging systems. This individual also inspects equipment for proper functioning, performs preventative maintenance duties and diagnoses equipment malfunctions for repairs and adjustments as needed. This skilled position is located at our Brampton, Ontario facility.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Wire machines and electrical panels in line with schematics
- Read schematics, and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical components
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
- Wire packaging machines with existing/new equipment/technology; work with outside contractors on assigned line
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair equipment as needed
- Keep work area orderly and clean
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Must be a Certified Electrician or have completed an Electrician Apprenticeship
- Ability to wire equipment from blueprints
- Strong mathematical aptitude required
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping
- Experience on wiring end of line packaging equipment is preferred
Please send your resume through this link.